COVID-19 Relief Assistance:
As of March 27th, the following member assistance is available:
Unless otherwise noted below, the subsequent fees/penalties will be waived now thru June 30, 2020:
- Early Closure Fee
- Minimum Balance Fee on Savings (Share) Accounts, Checking (Share Draft) Accounts and Money Market Accounts (Fee waivers to occur only in the months of April, May and June)
- Club Account Fee
- Phone Withdrawal Fee
- The Credit Union's Early Withdrawal Penalty waived on Share Certificates (a.k.a., Certificates of Deposit)
- Special Skip-a-Pay option for VISA credit cardholders in good standing is available in April and May. For qualifying members, special messaging and instructions will appear on your statement on how to take advantage.
- Ninety (90) day extensions on consumer loans (e.g., auto or consumer/unsecured loans) will be available to borrowers in good standing. Please check our forms and applications section of our website for this special extension form under Loan Services on that page or it can be found on the link below. If you are unable to use the form, you may use secure messaging via MEFCU’s online or mobile banking to make your deferment request. If you use secure messaging to request your ninety (90) day/three (3) payments extension(s), you MUST SPECIFY in your request which of the following loan types you are seeking the deferment(s) for: Signature, Auto, Share Secured, Mini or Ready Access Line-of-Credit. If you are not currently enrolled in MEFCU’s online or mobile banking, online banking enrollment is available by selecting the “ONLINE BANKING” link at www.mefcudirect.com; or, with your smartphone, you may enroll in MEFCU’s mobile banking via MEFCU’s mobile app.
- Ninety (90) day extensions on real estate loans will be available to borrowers in good standing. Please call 1-800-821-7280 for specifics.
Click here to complete the MEFCU Consumer Loan Emergency Payment Deferral Request and Authorization Form
How can I change my payroll deductions that go to the credit union?
There are three ways to submit changes to payroll deductions: Paper, Online or Phone:
On this website:
- Go to the Forms and Applications drop-down to access the Change of Payroll Deduction Form under the heading Account Services
- Complete the form and Fax to the number on the form or
- Mail to MEFCU, P.O. Box 6006, Bethesda, Maryland 20827-6006
Online banking access (for our members with Online/Mobile Banking access) through secure messaging feature:
- To access secure messaging, select Messages> New Conversation> Member Services >from the drop down
- For our members without Online/Mobile Banking access, online banking enrollment is available by selecting the “ONLINE BANKING” link on this website; or, with your smartphone, you may enroll in MEFCU’s mobile banking via MEFCU’s mobile app
Important Note: These instructions and forms are for Marriott International Payroll Deduction changes only. Changes to your Direct Deposit with Marriott International must be made through www.4myhr.com.
- Please call MEFCU’s Contact Center at 1-800-821-7280; however, the Credit Union is experiencing longer than usual wait times. For more immediate assistance, fax or secure messaging is recommended.
Credit Report Updates
With the impact of COVID-19, we’re certainly in uncharted territory. Many people are struggling with high unemployment, which is resulting in missed credit card, utility and rent payments.
In response, Experian is joining forces with the other U.S. credit reporting agencies, to offer free weekly credit reports to all Americans for the next year via AnnualCreditReport.com. A credit report allows people to monitor their finances and better understand their overall financial health. The free reports will be available starting on April 20, 2020. To read more about Experian's COVID response, click here.
Beware of Scams
The news coverage surrounding COVID-19 has created a new danger — cyber criminals looking to exploit public fears. Look out for suspicious email and text messages purporting to be from the Credit Union. Their intent is generally to convince you to share sensitive information such as usernames and passwords. Marriott Employees’ Federal Credit Union will never ask you for your personal information or log in credentials in an email or text message. If you receive a suspicious email or text message, don't respond, click on any links, or open attachments.
Learn more about scams and how to avoid them by visiting this article from CUNA: FBI Sees Rise in COVID-19 Fraud Scams