At MEFCU, we value your trust and are committed to protecting the privacy of our customers and others who visit our Web site. We believe that electronic delivery of our information and services can be of great benefit to you. Therefore, we want to assure you that we take our responsibility very seriously to treat your personal information in a confidential and secure manner.
1. Recognition of Your Expectation of Privacy: We believe that the confidentiality of customer information is one of our most important responsibilities. Therefore, we have policies and procedures in place that are designed to prevent misuse of this information.
2. Employees and Privacy: Our employees are educated on the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of all member information. Employees who violate our privacy policies will be subject to disciplinary measures.
3. Security Procedures: We follow security procedures designed to guard against unauthorized access to your confidential information.
4. Information Collection: As a general policy, MEFCU does not automatically collect personal information from visitors who visit its Web site to simply read or download information. However, MEFCU does collect and store certain information about your visit on an anonymous, aggregate basis, including: the time and length of your visit, the pages accessed, the Internet service provider used to access our Web site -- but not the user's e-mail address -- and, if you linked to our site from another Web site, we may record the Internet address of that site. We use this information to evaluate the usefulness of our Web site and to help us plan site improvements. When you utilize or access our Web site, we and our business partners who help us deliver these services will have access to your personal information. We do not sell any such information to a third party for its own use. We will maintain any information provided, as well as your business transactions, according to our usual security and confidentiality standards. When you use specific services available through our Web site, we (or our service providers) will collect additional information that you input and/or supply through the Web site or any related mobile application.
5. E-mail Communication: Certain areas of our Web site allow you to submit information to us via e-mail. If you identify yourself by sending an e-mail, we will collect and retain the e-mail address, along with the information contained in the message, and will use it primarily to follow-up with you; to meet legal and regulatory requirements; and for marketing and/or research and development purposes. You should be aware that e-mail communication on the Internet may not be secure against interception by third parties. Therefore, you should avoid sending any confidential or sensitive information to us by e-mail or recognize that it may not be secure if you do so or if you request information from us that we send by e-mail.
6. Use of Information:
Information collected from e-mail and Web site surveys and other services that you access through our Web site
may be used to improve the content of our Web site, notify you about updates to our Web site, contact you for marketing purposes, or notify you about important credit union matters. If you do not want to receive e-mail promotions or notices from us, ask to be removed from our e-mail list. To request that your name be removed, you should contact us by e-mail
, or by telephone at 1-800-821-7280
7. Restrictions on Sharing Information:
We may disclose all of the information we collect about you to companies that perform services and functions, including marketing services, on our behalf, and we may disclose some of this information to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our customers or former customers to anyone, including affiliates and other nonaffiliated third parties, except as permitted by law. To conduct our normal course of business, we may disclose information about you as permitted or required by law. or except as provided otherwise in any privacy terms/policies applicable to specific services that you access through our Web site (see below section titled “Service Providers”).
These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct the operations of our credit union, follow your instructions, or protect the security of your financial records. For more details, click here for our Privacy Notice.
8. Member-Only Areas: Personal identification (e.g. account number, PIN, password) is collected when you have registered to enter the secure online banking area of our Web site. This information enables us to regulate access of this information to those customers who request such access and who are authorized to perform transactions on the account(s).
9. Maintenance of Accurate Information: We continually strive to maintain complete and accurate information about our customers and their accounts. If at any time you believe that our records contain inaccurate or incomplete information about you or your accounts, please notify us. We will investigate your concerns and correct any inaccuracies in a timely manner.
10. Planning Tools: There are many planning tools (e.g. loan calculators) throughout our Web site. They are designed to help you make financial decisions based on your own particular situation. We encourage you to try all of your "what-if" scenarios as often as you like. We do not capture the personal information that you enter when using these planning tools. These tools are for educational purposes only and we cannot guarantee their accuracy.
11. Cookies: To measure site activity, ease site navigation, and provide more customized service, our Web site makes use of "cookie" technology. A cookie is a small piece of data sent to your browser for storage. Cookies are commonly used on Web sites and do not harm your system. Cookies do not contain any confidential information about you, and they cannot be used to capture your e-mail address, obtain data from your hard drive, or gain confidential information about you. Furthermore, cookies sent by us cannot be read by anyone other than us.
12. Timeout Feature: Our Web site has a timeout feature in those areas of the Web site that require a password. This feature automatically logs you out of your session after an extended period of inactivity (by use of a "cookie"). However, for privacy reasons, it's always safer to actually log off the system when you finish conducting your business, instead of relying on this back-up security feature.
13. Service Providers; Supplemental Terms: Some services available through our Web site are provided by third-party service providers and may be subject to data collection and privacy terms that differ from those included here. When using such services, you will be provided with such separate data collection and privacy terms. Please refer to such separate data collection and privacy terms for more details.
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement at any time without prior notice. This Privacy Statement is designed as general guidance and does not constitute a contract, nor does it amend any agreements we have with our customers.